Please note: this course is non-refundable and has strictly limited places
A 1-day interview preparation course for students required to attend an interview at Oxford or Cambridge for Physics, Materials Science, Natural Sciences, Engineering, or another subject heavily featuring Physics. Takes place at the end of November.
Your university interview is the ultimate factor determining whether you will be made an offer. After spending so long preparing for admissions tests such as the PAT, ENGAA, and NSAA, it can be tempting to leave interview preparation until after you know for sure that you have been invited to interview. However, we strongly believe that starting Physics interview preparation early will leave you in the best position to ace the real thing.
Hence, our interview course is uniquely designed to mimic the challenge of a genuine Oxbridge interview:
- Personal statement scrutiny – can you answer questions about everything you’ve written on your personal statement, from power plants to Quantum Mechanics
- Oxbridge-Tutorial-Style discussions of interview-style questions and answers.
- A 30 min interview with a highly experienced specialist Physics Tutor, Cambridge and Oxford Graduate, and PhD.
- The chance to watch everyone else’s interviews and get 10x the benefit – see what they are writing too and try the questions at the same time!
- Detailed and constructive feedback to improve.
- Plenary session to put feedback into practice.
- A question and answer session to ask all your burning questions about what an Oxbridge interview is like.
- Uniquely, we at STEP Maths specialise in Maths and Physics education. Unlike other generic Oxbridge Preparation organisations, we can provide specific guidance and help and we will be more than happy to answer any questions you have on the day.
“It’s a realistic environment – definitely good preparation for an actual interview”
“Great feedback at the end on strengths and weaknesses”