Combines our in-person Maths Summer School and MAT Short Questions Course with access to all the online MAT resources from our Platinum MAT Online Bundle for 8 months!
We’ve designed our MAT summer courses to lead you through all the most essential topics and really hone your problem-solving skills, which will be the backbone of your MAT performance. In our workshop-style setting, our friendly experts will always be on hand to answer your individual questions, and you can collaborate with your fellow Maths/CS applicants. The key benefit is that you’ll be developing skills that are either universally useful or are relevant to topics that come up every year. Your speed, accuracy, and confidence in MAT questions will all be turbocharged, so you’ll have the foundation you need to work on the specifics in the following months.
But what should that follow-up work look like? In our experience, merely doing past paper questions is only 50% effective. To maximise your performance, you also need to pick up on subtleties that the written solutions gloss over, see a variety of approaches to expand your problem-solving toolbox, and extract methods for starting a question alone, not just following a solution. In our online video resources, our experienced Oxbridge tutors distil the essence of a 1-1 tutorial into an online package to help you develop these skills, as well as thoroughly but efficiently explaining the solution to every question. Plus, we’ve included 350+ additional practice questions, each with its own further video solution.
This bundle contains the following in-person courses:
Maths Admissions Summer School
- Details: July 21st – 23rd, Marylebone – London, 10am – 4pm
- MAT and STEP past questions based on Year 12 Maths, which are useful for all maths admissions papers.
- Learn how to plan for and present all of the most essential kinds of proof
- Examine the subtlest aspects of manipulating inequalities
- Perfect your understanding of necessary and sufficient conditions
- Analyse unfamiliar graphs with symmetry tricks
- Master the art of dividing problems by cases
MAT Short Questions Course
- Details: July 24th, Marylebone – London, 10am – 5pm
- A selection of novel questions and past MAT questions from very old papers, intended to be useful even for those who have seen all readily available past questions.
- Justifying and qualifying inferences
- Iterating and composing functions
- Using inequalities and estimates
- Managing higher order polynomials
- Sketching unfamiliar graphs
… plus the following online versions of our live courses. (The material in each course will be available after the corresponding live course has taken place.)
- MAT Short Questions Course (online version of 1-day course covering MAT questions and original MAT-style questions on: inequalities and estimates, polynomials, graph-sketching, combining functions, inferences)
- Materials released August 2020
- Value £99
- MAT Long Questions Course (online version of 1-day course covering original MAT-style questions on: sketching unusual functions, polynomials, rule-following, changing parameters)
- Materials released October 2020
- Value £99
… plus the following online resources:
MAT Past Paper Video Solutions
Detailed solution videos for every MAT question from:
- All MAT papers 2007-2018
- MAT specimen papers A and B
Useful Maths Theory for Admissions Tests
Introducing and explaining Maths material needed for admissions tests that you may not have seen at school yet:
- Advanced differentiation and integration
- Vectors and geometry
- Algebraic expressions with arbitrary powers
- Tricks to go faster, avoid errors, and spot clues
MAT/TMUA Warm-up Questions
Practice questions we’ve made on 9 common MAT topics by STEP Maths, with video solutions.
Original Extra Maths Multiple Choice Questions
150+ multiple choice questions created by STEP Maths, in the style of MAT Question 1, with video solutions.
TMUA Past Paper Video Solutions
Detailed solution videos for the following TMUA papers (an admissions test similar to MAT):
- TMUA specimen papers A and B
- TMUA practice papers A and B
TMUA Mock Papers
Two TMUA-style mock papers created by STEP Maths, including full solutions.
What our students said about our in-person courses:
“It’s really engaging as working as a team makes the questions feel less daunting. Moreover the strategies recommended are priceless when it comes to efficiency in answering questions.“
“I really enjoyed this course because it allowed me to challenge myself as well as improving my ability to think outside of the box when it comes to finding less obvious solutions to problems.”
“Very good course! Questions covered in lots of detail, wide variety of topics covered and lots of support in case you don’t understand something.”