Please note: this course is non-refundable (if there is enough demand to run the course) and fully refundable (if there is not enough demand to justify running the course) and has strictly limited places
A 1-day STEPMaths Interview Preparation Course for students required to attend an interview at Oxford or Cambridge for Maths, Computer Science, or another subject heavily featuring Maths, such as Engineering. Takes place at the end of November.
IMPORTANT: As this is our fourth Maths Interview Course of the year, we are running it on a demand-only basis. What does this mean for you? If you are interested in attending the course, please purchase this course. However, the course and course details will NOT be confirmed until 25th November, since we will only be running the course if there is enough demand. Therefore, please do not book any transport until you know for sure whether the course is running.
Please note: if you book the course and the course ends up running, then your payment will be non-refundable. If you book the course and the course does not end up running then we will refund you in full. There are no refunds if the course does run. You will be notified by email but in case you miss the email, please log into your account at stepmaths.co.uk/account to see whether the course is running or the details have been updated.
This is the final Maths Interview Course we will be running this year, and places are strictly limited.
Your university interview is the ultimate factor determining whether you will be made an offer. After spending so long preparing for admissions tests such as the MAT, TMUA, and CSAT, it can be tempting to leave interview preparation until after you know for sure that you have been invited to interview. However, we strongly believe that starting Maths interview preparation early will leave you in the best position to ace the real thing.
Hence, our interview course is uniquely designed to mimic the challenge of a genuine Oxbridge interview:
- Personal statement scrutiny – can you answer questions about everything you’ve written on your personal statement, from Ptolemy’s theorem to the Pigeon Hole Principle?
- Oxbridge-Tutorial-Style Discussions of interview-style questions and answers.
- A 30 min interview with a highly experienced specialist Maths tutor and Cambridge graduate
- The chance to watch everyone else’s interviews and get 10x the benefit – see what they are writing too and try the questions simultaneously!
- Detailed and constructive feedback to improve.
- Plenary session to put feedback into practice.
- A question and answer session to ask all your burning questions about Oxbridge interviews.
- Uniquely, we at STEPMaths specialise in Maths and Physics education. Unlike other generic Oxbridge preparation organisations, we can provide targeted support and guidance and will be happy to answer any questions you have on the day.
“It’s a realistic environment – definitely good preparation for an actual interview”
“Great feedback at the end on strengths and weaknesses”