A bundle comprising all of our resources for students looking to master the TSA and interview.
Live Zoom Course:
1-day Group Economics Interview Course
Dates: Various weekend dates available
Location: Live on Zoom
Mock interview: get a 30 min mock interview resembling an Oxbridge Economics-based interview and receive individual feedback. Your mock is held in front of the other students to help to replicate the pressure of the real thing.
Interview practice and advice:
– Observe the interviews that other students get, allowing you to learn from each other and compare approaches to the questions
– Be challenged on topics you mention in your personal statement
– Group discussion of all questions used, plus general interview advice
Plus the recorded versions of the following summer courses:
1) Summer Economics Workshops – Themes and Debates (Recorded Version)
Content – skills and theory for Economics-based interview or essay questions. Learn how to:
- Tackle typical game theory problems (popular at interview, but covered little at school)
- Immediately grasp the meaning and consequences of theoretical graphs (e.g. indifference curves)
- Interpret data, and explain or debunk a correlation
- Respond to open-ended interview-style questions in a relevant and structured way
2) Exam Technique and Contextual Essay Writing Workshop (Recorded Version)
Content – all the key techniques you’ll need to smash an economics essay
- How do you tell what a question is really asking?
- What does a good argument in the social sciences look like?
- How can you incorporate your background knowledge into your answer?
- How should you use a source?
- How should you structure each sentence, each paragraph, and each essay?
3) TSA Paper 1 Summer School (Recorded Version)
– Content – killer time-saving techniques for all the key types of problem-solving and critical thinking question from Paper 1
- Simplify problem-solving questions to avoid time-wasting calculations
- Reduce problems with cubes and 3D figures to manageable 2D pictures
- Quickly identify reasons, conclusions, and argument structures in critical thinking questions
- Determine which multiple-choice options can be immediately ruled out
Plus the following video resources:
TSA Section 1 Past Paper Video Solutions (Problem Solving and Critical Thinking)
Detailed solution videos for TSA Section 1 from 2011 to 2019
Problem Solving and Critical Thinking Practice from BMAT
100+ questions in the style of TSA Section 1 for further practice
Bonus: Extra Problem Solving Practice from BMAT
Another 8 years’ BMAT Problem Solving questions and video solutions for Section 1 practice!
“Using the online resources, I felt there was somewhere I could turn every time I had a question!” –Charlotte
“It’s really helpful to see the best way to tackle a question and what to start with. In particular, the use of diagrams to explain problems made a lot of the explanations very clear.” – Siddharth