A bundle comprising all of our resources for students looking to master the Physics and Maths parts of the ENGAA:
Live Zoom Courses:
1) 2-day October ENGAA Course
Dates: October 23rd and 24th
Location: Live on Zoom
Times: 10am – 4:30pm (9am first day)
The second of our courses for students sitting the Physics and Maths parts of the ENGAA for entry to Cambridge Engineering, building on the material from our Physics Summer School.
Following our summer Physics courses, in which we covered the syllabus topic-by-topic, our next courses are focused on exam technique.
Timing is one of the most difficult things in the ENGAA and it’s where the most students fall down.
Day 1: Maths and Physics Time Saving Tricks
On the first day of this course, we’ll teach tricks and techniques to make you quicker at calculations and help you spot how to speed up your working in both Physics and Maths multiple-choice questions in the style of ENGAA.
Day 2: Two sets of original, timed, exam-condition mock papers
On the second day, we’ll be giving you two realistic mock papers (these are brand new mock papers that you won’t have seen before) for the ENGAA, which we will then mark and discuss together. Doing practice papers in timed conditions is absolutely vital to practise the techniques we’ll have taught you and to see what you still need to work on before the exam.
2) 1-day Group Physics-Centred Interview Course
Dates: Various weekend dates available
Location: Live on Zoom
Mock interview: get a 30 min mock interview resembling a Cambridge Engineering interview and receive individual feedback. Your mock is held in front of the other students to help to replicate the pressure of the real thing.
Interview practice and advice:
- Observe the interviews that other students get, allowing you to learn from each other and compare approaches to the questions
- Come away with access to Physics and Maths interview questions you most likely won’t have seen before
- Group discussion of all questions used, plus general interview advice
Plus the following recorded version of our live Physics Summer School:
- First 3 days cover physics topics you will need to be familiar with for the ENGAA and interview, some of which you may not yet have covered at school. Topics include: static forces, moving bodies, circular motion and orbits, circuits, waves and electromagnetic radiation, electric energy and forces, radioactive decay, springs and elasticity, general physical reasoning
- Last day covers maths for engineering applicants: short questions on inequalities and estimates, polynomials, graph-sketching, and combining functions
Plus the following online resources:
ENGAA Past Paper Video Solutions
Detailed solution videos for every ENGAA question from specimen papers A and B and the 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 papers A and B (2020 coming soon!).
Original Mock ENGAA Papers and Video Solutions
Exclusive original mock papers by The Oxbridge Formula. We include questions from both sections of the test and have taken care to emulate the style and pace of the ENGAA papers. However, we have erred on the side of caution by giving you slightly more difficult questions so that you are fully prepared when you go into the exam.
- 8 complete papers (4 section A, 4 section B)
- Detailed video solutions
PAT Past Paper Video Solutions
Detailed solution videos for every PAT question from 2006 – 2019 (2020 coming soon!)
MAT Multiple Choice Video Solutions
Detailed solution videos to every multiple choice Maths question from the 2007 – 2019 MAT papers (2020 coming soon!) and the MAT specimen papers A and B. MAT multiple choice questions are similar in content and difficulty to Maths questions from the ENGAA exam.
Useful Physics Theory for Admissions Tests
Introducing and explaining Physics material needed for admissions tests that you may not have seen at school yet, together with more fundamental presentations and demonstrations of material you should know:
- Combining springs vs combining resistors
- Projectiles and orbits
- Buoyancy and Archimedes’ Principle
- Dimensional Analysis
Useful Maths Theory for Admissions Tests
Introducing and explaining Maths material needed for admissions tests that you may not have seen at school yet:
- Advanced differentiation and integration
- Vectors and geometry
- Algebraic expressions with arbitrary powers
- Tricks to go faster, avoid errors, and spot clues
Physics Practice from BMAT
Collected Physics questions from past BMAT papers, with video solutions. Plus, a video guide to the Physics syllabus. Useful preparation for Section 1 of the ENGAA.
“Using the online resources, I felt there was somewhere I could turn every time I had a question!” –Charlotte
“It’s really helpful to see the best way to tackle a question and what to start with. In particular, the use of diagrams to explain problems made a lot of the explanations very clear.” – Siddharth
“A great method for learning and practising time-saving techniques, with the questions being realistic for the ENGAA.” –Lohith