A bundle comprising all of our resources for students looking to master the ECAA and interview.
Live Zoom Course:
1-day Group Economics Interview Course
Dates: Various weekend dates available
Location: Live on Zoom
Mock interview: get a 30 min mock interview resembling a Cambridge Economics interview and receive individual feedback. Your mock is held in front of the other students to help to replicate the pressure of the real thing.
Interview practice and advice:
– Observe the interviews that other students get, allowing you to learn from each other and compare approaches to the questions
– Be challenged on topics you mention in your personal statement
– Group discussion of all questions used, plus general interview advice
Plus the recorded versions of the following summer courses:
1) Summer Economics Workshops – Themes and Debates (Recorded Version)
Content – skills and theory for Economics-based interview or essay questions. Learn how to:
- Tackle typical game theory problems (popular at interview, but covered little at school)
- Immediately grasp the meaning and consequences of theoretical graphs (e.g. indifference curves)
- Interpret data, and explain or debunk a correlation
- Respond to open-ended interview-style questions in a relevant and structured way
2) Exam Technique and Contextual Essay Writing Workshop (Recorded Version)
Content – all the key techniques you’ll need to smash an economics essay
- How do you tell what a question is really asking?
- What does a good argument in the social sciences look like?
- How can you incorporate your background knowledge into your answer?
- How should you use a source?
- How should you structure each sentence, each paragraph, and each essay?
3) Maths Summer School (Recorded Version)
– Content (first 3 days) – tough questions based on Year 12 Maths, designed to stretch you beyond the hardest ECAA questions
- Examine the subtlest aspects of manipulating inequalities
- Perfect your understanding of necessary and sufficient conditions
- Analyse unfamiliar graphs with symmetry tricks
- Master the art of dividing problems by cases
– Content (day 4) – A selection of short, ECAA-Paper-1-style maths questions for practising key techniques.
- Learning to unpack and analyse logical statements
- Handling polynomials of degree higher than a quadratic
- Analysing unfamiliar functions
Plus the following video resources:
ECAA Past Paper Video Solutions
Full video solutions to the following ECAA papers:
- 2020 (coming soon!)
ECAA Section 2 Practice Essays
Original practice essay prompts in the style of ECAA Section 2, with an accompanying video tutorial for each one.
TMUA Past Paper Video Solutions
The TMUA contains maths questions very similar to (sometimes identical with) the questions in ECAA Section 1. This course comprises detailed solution videos for the following TMUA papers:
- Specimen papers A and B
- Practice papers A and B
- 2017 papers A and B
- 2018 papers A and B
- 2019 papers A and B (coming soon!)
TMUA Mock Papers
Two original TMUA mock papers by The Oxbridge Formula, including full solutions
MAT Multiple Choice Video Solutions
Detailed solution videos for every multiple choice MAT question from:
- All MAT papers 2007-2018 (2019 coming soon!)
- MAT specimen papers A and B
TMUA/MAT Warm-up Questions
Original practice questions on 9 common Maths topics by The Oxbridge Formula, with video solutions
Original Extra Maths Multiple Choice Questions
150+ original ECAA-style multiple choice questions by The Oxbridge Formula, with video solutions
“Using the online resources, I felt there was somewhere I could turn every time I had a question!” –Charlotte
“It’s really helpful to see the best way to tackle a question and what to start with. In particular, the use of diagrams to explain problems made a lot of the explanations very clear.” – Siddharth