1-1 Oxbridge Tuition
Learn from Oxbridge grads for interview success – all subjects
A successful Oxbridge application can have so many parts – personal statement, admissions test, interview, A-level performance… you’ll want to make sure you get the most out of the precious time you have.
With admissions now so competitive, you can’t afford to fall behind on any part. But we’ve found through experience that they key to every part of the application is having an expert to talk to – not least because learning from someone who truly understands your subject will massively advance your own subject understanding, which will then shine through in your performance in tests and at interview.
That’s why we’ve selected our expert tutors to give you everything you need to make sure you blow your competition out of the water! (So to speak.)
While our video solutions and in-person courses will give you all of the mathematical tools and insight you need, how do you know if you’re applying them correctly when working independently?
Are your solutions presented logically? Have you got any gaps in your solutions which could lose you vitally important marks? Have you misused symbols or forgotten some key information on your diagram?
The only way you’ll really know how well you are doing (and where to improve) is by receiving detailed feedback on your work, by an expert tutor who is more than qualified to spot your weak points and help you address them.
The tuition you’ll receive will be bespoke – i.e. you’ll receive the exact help YOU need, when you need it. This could be in the form of marking, going through marked solutions, general problem solving, or developing the right mindset.
If you’re truly serious about your Oxbridge application, and are willing to invest the time, money and energy to succeed, our 1-1 tuition is what you need. Want to check if it’s a good fit for you? Book your free consultation with us now!
“My tutor provided excellent preparation for my Cambridge application; he coached me expertly through example problems in preparation for the interview and had a professional teaching regimen. I now have a confirmed place at Cambridge.” – O.
“I was matched with an extremely friendly and supportive tutor who put me at ease. Not only did he help me, but he also took a genuine interest in my success. He’s very experienced in university admissions and gave me a lot of advice that really helped me at interview and led to me receiving an unconditional offer.” – A.
“My daughter’s tutor created a plan of what she needed over several weeks and gave us thoughtful feedback. She found it stimulating, enjoyable and very helpful. We feel that this has gone a long way to helping her secure an Oxford offer.” – R.
Having any of these Oxbridge application woes?
- “I know the material and I can do textbook-style questions, but when I have to apply it in a less straightforward way I don’t even know how to start.”
- “Maybe the written test isn’t so bad, but I find the idea of the interview really daunting. I find it hard to put my ideas into words, and I’m worried I’ll freeze up.”
- I make stupid mistakes or spend way too long on some questions – I just need someone to show me how to improve my approach.”
- “None of my friends family or teachers are familiar enough with the admissions process for my subject to help me.”
- “Even when I do past papers, I struggle to realistically mark own work, or to learn lessons I can apply to the next one.”
- “It’s hard to get individual attention at school when you’re one of the strongest students, but I have so many questions I need answered.”
- “How can I tell how much of what I hear about Oxbridge is exaggeration or myth?”
12 ways our Bespoke 1-1 Tuition Package will help you
ace your Oxbridge application
- The 1-1 sessions will be totally bespoke, so you can get the help exactly where you need it.
- You’ll get help to articulate your ideas in a structured and coherent manner, from someone who knows your subject inside out.
- Our tutors will provide you with lots of new and unfamiliar material and present questions to you that will force you to begin thinking more clearly.
- As all of our tutors are subject experts with Oxbridge degrees, you’ll be able to explore problems and topics in a huge amount of depth.
- You’ll be able to identify common types of questions and perfect those, as well as move on to more challenging material that really gets you thinking.
- You 1-1 tutor will point you in the direction of other resources, reading materials and practice questions, after identifying your weaknesses.
- You’ll be subjected to some really tough interview questions, to emulate the difficulty of a real Oxbridge interview.
- You’ll get tips on how to start a question: what clues to look for in the question itself, or the right questions to ask to get the conversation flowing.
- If you’re a scientist, your working with be scrutinised by your tutor, to ensure it is legible, clear and logical. You will be encouraged to make use of diagrams and graph sketches, even if you usually hate using them!
- If you’re an Arts student, your arguments and judgements will be scrutinised, you’ll learn to defend your viewpoint and the tutor will play devil’s advocate with you to force you to evaluate your thinking.
- You’ll be thoroughly tested on everything you’ve talked about on your personal statement, to ensure you’re not caught out.
- You tutor will help to show you how you can transform a back-and-forth interview into a smoothly flowing conversation, convincing the interviewer that you are someone they would love to teach.
- We’ll coach you on body language, and how to look confident, even if you’re shaking on the inside!
We provide tuition for: Biomedical Sciences, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, English, Geography, History, HSPS and Human Sciences, Languages, Law, Linguistics, Management, Materials Science, Mathematics, Medicine, Music, Natural Sciences, Philosophy, Physics, Politics, Psychology, Theology & Veterinary Science, and subjects combining or specialising within these.