Maths-Centred Interview Technique Practice
Maths-Centred Interview Technique Practice – 24th November 2018 – Sold Out
New Date Added: Friday 23rd November 2018
Once you’ve sent through your UCAS application and the MAT test is over and done with, you’ll be starting to think about Maths interviews. Good news: we’re offering a Maths Interview Preparation Course.
High intensity. You’ll be interviewed in front of all candidates but also get to watch their interviews and answer the questions simultaneously.
So, if you’re looking for that extra boost, on 23rd November we are offering:
- Personal statement scrutiny – can you answer questions about everything you’ve written on your personal statement, from Ptolemy’s theorem to the Pidgeon Hole Principle?
- Oxbridge-Tutorial-Style Discussions of interview-style questions and answers.
- A 30 min interview with a highly experienced specialist Maths tutor and Cambridge graduate
- The chance to watch everyone else’s interviews and get 10x the benefit – see what they are writing too and try the questions simultaneously!
- Detailed and constructive feedback to improve.
- Plenary session to put feedback into practice.
- A question and answer session to ask all your burning questions about Oxbridge interviews.
- Uniquely, we at STEP Maths specialise in Maths and Physics education. Unlike other generic Oxbridge preparation organisations, we can provide targeted support and guidance and will be happy to answer any questions you have on the day.
What’s so special about the STEP Maths Interview Day?
We will begin the day with an interview skills session. This will include a chance to have your personal statement scrutinised and an opportunity to practice answering questions about it. You will gain confidence and practice with Oxbridge Maths interview questions and answers, and you will be shown how to communicate your answers so that you are able to demonstrate your passion and potential in Mathematics or Computer Science.
You will then get a 30 min interview, under pressure. But instead of receiving just one practice interview, you will get the opportunity to sit in on and observe every other student being interviewed to and get 10x the benefit, as each student will receive completely different questions to you.
As Maths is one of the only subjects where your written work is arguably as important (if not more important) than your verbal answers, we have a unique setup whereby the interviewee will be able to write his or her solutions, and the other students will be able to see what is being written, without the interviewee feeling unnecessarily intimidated.
You can analyse how you would have answered particular questions and compare your method to how others answered. Plus, you will be given access to a whole host of new interview questions, written by expert tutors from STEP Maths. As you’ll all have shared the same experience, you’ll be able to discuss questions together afterwards too.
Please note: this course is non-refundable
Get a 30 min Mock Interview resembling an Oxford interview or Cambridge interview
Observe the interviews that other students get, allowing you to learn and benefit SO much more!
- Come away with access to Maths interview questions you most likely won’t have seen before
Get used to being in a high pressure interview situation with all eyes on you
Receive feedback so you can totally ace your real interview
Applying for Cambridge?
We have the perfect bundle for you, combining our interview preparation course with a three-day STEP preparation course.
“The problems posed are really unique and challenging. They are unfamiliar so the mock interview scenario feels very real and is incredibly good practice!”
“The questions were more challenging than other mock interviews I have done and the pressure of everyone watching adds authenticity to the experience”
“It’s a realistic environment – definitely good preparation for an actual interview”
“Great feedback at the end on strengths and weaknesses”
“The questions were all incredibly relevant and exactly like the ones you would expect at interview. Extremely challenging at points – making it even more interesting”
Why is the interview so important for my Oxbridge Application?
How is the STEP Maths Interview Day different from a general interview course?
Plus, we totally specialise in Maths.