2022 Maths-Centred Oxbridge Interview Preparation Courses
2022 Maths-Centred Practice Interview Courses
Saturday 28th Nov Sold Out
Saturday 21st Nov Sold Out
Saturday 14th Nov Sold Out
Once you’ve sent through your UCAS application and the MAT or TMUA test is over and done with, you’ll be starting to think about Maths interviews or Computer Science interviews. Good news: we’re offering a Maths Interview Preparation Course (also suitable for Computer Science applicants).
High intensity. You’ll be interviewed in front of all candidates but also get to watch their interviews and answer the questions simultaneously.
So, if you’re looking for that extra boost, on 28th November 2022 we are offering:
- Personal statement scrutiny – can you answer questions about everything you’ve written on your personal statement, from Ptolemy’s theorem to the Pigeon Hole Principle?
- Oxbridge-Tutorial-Style Discussions of interview-style questions and answers.
- A 30 min interview with a highly experienced specialist Maths tutor and Cambridge graduate.
- The chance to watch everyone else’s interviews and get 10x the benefit – see what they are writing too and try the questions simultaneously!
- Detailed and constructive feedback to improve.
- Plenary session to put feedback into practice.
- A question and answer session to ask all your burning questions about Oxbridge interviews.
- Uniquely, we at The Oxbridge Formula specialise in Maths and Physics education. Unlike other generic Oxbridge preparation organisations, we can provide targeted support and guidance and will be happy to answer any questions you have on the day.
Maths Interview Course Testimonial
– What’s so special about our Oxbridge Maths Interview Preparation Course?
We will begin the day with an interview skills session. This will include a chance to have your personal statement scrutinised and an opportunity to practice answering questions about it. You will gain confidence and practice with Oxbridge Maths interview questions and answers, and you will be shown how to communicate your answers so that you are able to demonstrate your passion and potential in Mathematics or Computer Science.
You will then get a 30 min interview, under pressure. But instead of receiving just one practice interview, you will get the opportunity to sit in on and observe every other student being interviewed to and get 10x the benefit, as each student will receive completely different questions to you.
As Maths is one of the only subjects where your written work is arguably as important (if not more important) than your verbal answers, we have a unique setup whereby the interviewee will be able to write his or her solutions, and the other students will be able to see what is being written, without the interviewee feeling unnecessarily intimidated.
You can analyse how you would have answered particular questions and compare your method to how others answered. Plus, you will be given access to a whole host of new interview questions, written by expert tutors from The Oxbridge Formula As you’ll all have shared the same experience, you’ll be able to discuss questions together afterwards too.
Please note: this course is non-refundable and has strictly limited places
- Get a 30 min mock interview resembling an Oxford or Cambridge style interview (Standard Seat only)
- Observe the interviews that other students get, allowing you to learn from each other and compare approaches to the questions
- Come away with access to Maths interview questions you most likely won’t have seen before
Have your personal statement read and practise answering questions on it
Group discussion of all questions used, plus general interview advice
Applying for Cambridge?
We have the perfect bundle for you, combining our interview preparation course with a three-day STEP preparation course over October Half Term.
“The problems posed are really unique and challenging. They are unfamiliar so the mock interview scenario feels very real and is incredibly good practice!”
“The questions were more challenging than other mock interviews I have done and the pressure of everyone watching adds authenticity to the experience”
“It’s a realistic environment – definitely good preparation for an actual interview”
“Great feedback at the end on strengths and weaknesses”
“The questions were all incredibly relevant and exactly like the ones you would expect at interview. Extremely challenging at points – making it even more interesting.”
Why is the interview so important for my Oxbridge Application?
How is the Oxbridge Formula Interview Day different from a general interview course?
Plus, we totally specialise in Maths.